From:
Shannon Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:52:29 -0500
Hi Erin and everyone!

I had a little trouble with the same thing in the past.  I have been a
ferret home for over 18 years and about 5 years ago I got really tired
of seeing litter stuck to the little bottoms, etc.  So, I switched to
newspaper!  It really is a great idea and works well for me!  I have had
anywhere from 5-12+ ferrets at one time, and several litter boxes.
Everyone at work saves their newspapers, my in-laws save all of theirs for
me, etc.  I put them in boxes or tubs in the closet and change the litter
boxes a couple of times a day.  If they decide that the box is too dirty or
someone just doesn't WANT to use the box, I see where they went and just
lay some paper down there for that day, and that works too.  I just keep a
big trash bag in the ferrets' room (up high of course) and it takes a week
for it to get filled up, so I just put it out on trash day!  The biggest
pluses are...no more infections, no more butt clumps, no more sweeping up
kitty litter, and you can't beat the cost!

Let me know how things go.

Your Ferretville Funny Farm Friend,
Shannon