From:
Alayne Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:11:27 -0800
I have a mini dachshund and 2 labs. The doxie (1 year old) is having
an issue with hair loss. Vet said to try adding fatty acids to diet.
But I'm also feeding just Purina Dog Chow. Someone suggested to try a
better dog food. Anyone have suggestions? I'd like to accomplish the
hair regrowth without going broke. I had them on Purina One chicken
and rice, can't remember if he was losing his hair on that too, but
he probably was. I noticed one food actually mentioned percentages of
fatty acids included in the food, but can't seem to find it on other
labels. That food may have been Iams...Dogs all eat same food....

Thanks!
Alayne

[Moderator's note: Yes, we're all animal people here, though I'd guess
other groups might be better able to help with your question. Readers
with suggestions, please write Alayne directly. BIG]