From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 11:42:46 -0400
We finally got to meet the infamous... er... famous Bob Church, or "Mr.
Lucky" as he has come to be known in our household, this past Saturday.
The day started off when we met at the "For Ferrets Only" store where Bob
had the opportunity to check a few baculas and browse the various ferret
products in the store.  We had a "guess the ferret's age by the size of his
bacula" contest and I gotta say, Bob did pretty good.  It's a good thing
human males aren't aged the same way!  :-)

From there I led him to our shelter to meet Angela, our shelter operator,
and 116 fuzzbutts.  A few more baculas were checked, ferret stories shared
and plenty of ferrets ooooh'd and ahh'd over.

From the shelter we headed to our place to show off our crew and try to get
a little food into Bob.  As soon as we walked in the door I dragged Bob off
to our ferret room where Beasley, Spaz and Penny were sleeping.  Of course
I asked Bob to do his age guessing trick on Beasley and Spaz, and they were
not the least impressed by the technique.  He hit Beasley's age right on
the head, so to speak, but there was some questions as to whether or not he
was even close on Spaz.  Spaz is just under two, from what I know, and Bob
says he's more like 3.5 to 4.  I guess we'll never really know since Spaz
ain't sayin'.

Bob was taken with a small tent that Angela sells in her store but which was
temporarily out of stock, and he noticed that I had one in our ferret room.
Strange, but that tent is now missing in action.  I did a head count and
there's still three ferrets here, but they ain't talkin', so I guess well
never know where that tent went.

The kids weren't interested in socializing much, so we left them to their
wanderings around the house while we fired up the grill and threw on some
chicken and burgers and my wife, Wanda, laid out all sorts of human treats.
We spent the rest of the evening talking about Bob's various adventures and
mishaps (hence the "Mr. Lucky" tag), ferrets and ferret people and all in
all, had a great time visiting.

Lookout Knoxville, he's heading your way!

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue, Inc.
*
* Visit our web site: http://www.miamiferret.org