From:
Pat Ball <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 07:47:44 -0400
I'm not sure that putting a muzzle on a ferret is the way to go.  Why not
just limit the amount of attention paid to your ferrets by strangers.
Personally, I will turn ferrets so they are facing me and allow the
interested party to just pet my fuzzies back, always keeping control of
how close my guys can come to the hand that is petting them.  I can't
help but feel if a muzzle is used, it will portray ferrets as vicious
creatures that cannot be controlled.

If I am walking down the street and come upon a dog wearing a muzzle, that is
the first thought that comes to mind.  With all the bad publicity and
ignorance that already exists regarding our little fuzzies, are you sure you
want to help to perpetuate that idea?  Just something for you to think about.