From:
Tony O'Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 14:05:16 -0000
Did anyone in the UK see this weeks Pet Rescue on the television, my
e-mail that follows to the RSPCA, PDSA and other rescue organisations
worked.  This week they actually showed an officer scanning a rabbit
for a microchip lets hope they start scanning ferrets

Dear sir,

Since the foundation of our organisation we have been advising the public
and our members both at our events and more recently on our web page on
the Internet to have their pets micro-chipped.  However, we have had
reports from various locations around the British Isles that, though both
vets, the R.S.P.C.A. and the majority of other charity organisations ,
though generally thorough on checking for chips in both cats and dogs,
inevitably do not check ferrets or rabbits, even though they chipped over
40 of our animals, when one went walkabouts and found himself at the local
animal shelter he was not scanned for his chip and was only returned when
I travelled to the shelter and saw him there.

Please could we enlist your assistance in reminding your members/staff to
scan other species when they come across them.

Yours Faithfully Ant/ Tony O'Sullivan.  SMWR inc NHFA
e-mail [log in to unmask]