From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 2009 20:04:11 -0400
I read the article mentioned in yesterday's FML,
http://www.aspca.org/news/national/10-02-09.html and yes it does
mention ferrets: BARELY. It is just amazing to me how invisible
ferrets are to the ASPCA and the HSA. Note that the ASPCA's "official
statement" ,referred to in the article, does NOT mention ferrets at
all. This is just infuriating!!!! Ferrets are even the animal lab model
being used to study the virus. Apparently, the ASPCA doesn't recognize
the ferret as the #3 pet in the world or as the animal that may lead to
understanding the H1N1 virus. Next time you see the Humane Society of
America logo (an outline of the US made of animal silhouettes), notice
there is no ferret in the map. Why are ferrets ignored by our national
organizations?

Stepping off my soapbox,
Lesley