From:
"Ann D. Phillips" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 10:02:35 -0500
Some of you who post/read this list know that we are moving up to the South
West corner of the Live Free or Die state in April of this year.  Money,
and yes, ferrets are our reasons.  My ferrets need more room!  Like perhaps
their own floor, and some servants, besides me.

This means putting our house on the market in the next couple of weeks.

Currently, we are doing things towards this move.  Before we can show the
house, the ferret room floor needs to be replaced, and the room painted,
as well as paint a few other rooms.

As of last night, the ferrets moved into the 2nd floor bathroom - much to
the disgust of my son, who'd like to think thats HIS bathroom, free of
ferret poop.  They sure weren't going into my freshly painted and carpeted
guest room!

To keep them in, and visible, I jammed a clear peice of plexi (30" by 5')
into the end of the hallway.  Its curved out, so they have a little space
to watch everyone come up and down the stairs and frolic in the bathroom
too, as the bathroom is at the end of this hallway.  This way the get their
free run time, and we get to really do up their room.

The plexi is clear, and the ferrets appear as if they are standing
unattended in my hallway.  I cannot tell you how many times in the last
day I've passed them, reacting "accckk!  the ferrets are out!!!"

They are really enjoying all their old toys in the bathroom too, and the
access to the sink counter, as well as the ability to leap in and out of
the tub!

Ann