From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:24:38 -0800
I have more thank you's for the Thanksgiving greetings.  Thank you Angel,
Melanie Ellis, Melinda Miller, Carol Owens, Sue Hayes and Ms. Renee
Downs.  I feel honored.  Thank you so much for your thoughtful
consideration.  I am thankful.

I have sat down and shared these Thank You's with my currently 36 fuzzies
here at the West Michigan Ferret Connection.  "Somebody" managed to climb
onto my desk and hide the chew weezles (I found one today).  Totally
Ferret treats have been carefully hidden everywhere.  I'm sure they'll
show up when I vacuum tomorrow.  The cards are hanging on a ribbon on
the wall.

This has been an amazing year for me.  I bought a house this year for the
ferrets (seriously) and recently I received a vehicle with so much more
room than my Miata.  I can pack this vehicle up for a PETCO weekend and
STILL have room.  It's so exciting to have all this room for these guys
I could cry.  I am thankful.

I became a home-based rescue because of two little ferrets: Beau and
Nilla.  They literally saved my life when my life was totally devastated.
I am compelled to give these surrendered ferrets back their lives the way
Beau & Nilla gave me back mine.  And after Beau & Nilla, there was Sugar
Bear & Kody.  And Wile E.  Coyote & Hershey & Finnegan & Stone.  Plus the
100's of others that have been surrendered to my care.  I am thankful.

I've also been privileged to be associated with a great group of people
who comprise the Midwest Ferret Fellowship.  We've promoted ferrets at a
number of events in Michigan this year, the latest being the America's
Family Pet Expo in Novi, Michigan.  This 3-day event was exhausting but
was phenomenal because of the number of people we spoke with.  I am
thankful.

Dee Gage
owner/operator, West Michigan Ferret Connection
co-founder, Midwest Ferret Fellowship
member, State of Michigan Dept of Agriculture Companion Animal Advisory
Committee