From:
Debi Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Sep 2007 12:49:48 -0400
I too trip, and break the ferret gates I have built, and sometimes
almost break my neck at the same time. This time, I bought a peice of
what is called "hardwood". It is the stuff that usually has all those
little holes in it to make a place to hang tools on at a workbench, but
with out the holes. Its dark brown and smooth and 1/4 inch thick. Then
I used plastic lattice capping for the "channels" to slide the gate
into. Works like a charm...28" high in this ferretland with a thick
cardboard tube slit and fit over the top to stop my "jumper" Dakota
from having ANYTHING to get a grip on! The tube I got at a carpet
warehouse. Hope this helps someone!

Debi , Don (hoomins) and Dakota,Dookie,
Mr.T, Meishka and the"foster-kid Spartacus