From:
Monica Istvan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 1996 11:30:22 -0600
WE use "Yesterday's News" New Softer.  There's the original and new softer.
The original is more like a hard pellet and the 'new softer' is kind of
shredded.  They like the softer stuff on their feet better.  The quick way
to tell them apart is that the original comes in a clear plastic bag and the
'new softer' comes in a green paper bag.  It is also a product that I have
sold in the past and it is DE-INKED paper.  Yes there are some coloured
fibres, but the INK from typesetting is supposed to be removed.

If your fuzzie is having problems with "dyed" feet and bum, I would
recommend you contact the manufacturer.  I like this product because of the
reduced dust (allergies) and ingesting any particulate matter (like from
clay litter) can be deadly on a small critter's lungs.  Plus they don't like
to play in it, and it keeps the smell down longer than clay.  They just
played in the clumping litter and it welded their little toes together - ug.

There's also Cat Country and some other recycled litters out there, you
just have to look for them, or ask your favourite supplier to bring it in
for you.

Using recycled/shredded laser paper might have an impact on your fuzzie.
Even though the toner/carbon is 'head fixed/fused' to the paper, I would
worry about quantities they would get on their feet and lick off.  But hey,
smoking has all kinds of toxic crud in it too, and some people live to be
90 - like George Burns...  ;)

====
The Terrible Two and the Kitty Krew