From:
"Helen M. Wojciechowski" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 14:18:54 EDT
Hi Everyone,

I need some advise any and all I can get.  Cody is my baby my first and
he is going on 6 years old.  He was a late alter DR Ruth did him because
he wouldn't drop and my vet refused to alter him.  He was close to a year
when I had him altered.

He was just a baby when I adopted my Joey and Phoebe for him as cage
mates.  The three of them soon became fast buddies and would never let
anyone into their little group no matter how hard I tried.  They would
all beat up on other ferrets.  I always called them my three Musketeers.
Recently we lost Joey and soon after Phoebe.  Cody became very depressed
so I tried him with several shelter ferrets around his age and in good
health after he lost his last cage mate Phoebe but he just beat them up.

It was suggested trying him with a baby since he won't accept an older
ferret.  I just know something has to be done.  It has been almost two
months since Phoebe passed and three since Joey passed on.  Cody was
always so lively and would run and dook everywhere.  He use to kiss me
all the time and now he is just this sad little boy.  I am really
concerned about him.  I make sure he gets lots of duck soup to eat so he
doesn't lose weight but he needs stimulated to play and he won't.  When
he is out of his cage he walks around a bit climbs back in his cage goes
in his cube that he loves and goes to sleep.  I even keep him with me in
a carry sack but he just curls up and sleeps in it too.  I am really
concerned about him.

If anyone out there has dealt with this and had succuss getting your
ferret past this stage please let me know and please email me
I would really appreciate it.

A Very Concerned and Worried Mom
God Bless You
Helen