From:
Korri Fleming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 19:02:21 -0400
Hi everyone,

I hope this list finds everyone doing well.  Things here are getting
better.  Shirley has pretty much accepted the new guy, Taz.  They've been
sleeping in the same cage together for 2 days now.  She still puts Taz in
his place when necessary but he is starting to fight back a little now.
Shirley needs to watch out because Taz, only 8 weeks old, is the same
weight as her.  I weighed them both the other night and they came out to
both be 1 1/4 pounds each.  Taz is growing so fast.  He is going to be a
big boy.

A quick question about diet.... I've only had Taz now for a week.  The
place where I got him told me to feed him the Marshall Ferret Diet that
they gave me, softened and slowly wean him off from it.  Well... a few days
a go I heard crunching coming from Shirley's cage and it was Taz.  I put
some of the IAMs in his cage and he ate it right up.  Now he is in with
Shirley and doesn't even touch the softened Marshall's.  Not ever having a
kit before I wonder if this is too early for him to eat the solid food...
or should I just let him eat what he wants.  He is also eating some ferret
treat that we have.  He is a little piggy, if you ask me!!

Another issue I have to mention is that he sneezes a lot.  Is this normal
for a young'n or should I have him checked out?  Am I being a worry-wart
after losing Laverne so suddenly?  We are going to get his 9 week shot on
Friday... should I mention this to the vet?

Last of all:
I would like to thank everyone for the support and comforting words that
were sent after Laverne's crossing the Rainbow Bridge.  I would have
responded to each of you individually, but it was too hard at the time.  It
was so thoughtful and kind of you all to reach out to strangers and give me
and my husband some emotional support.  It is nice knowing that there are
others out there that care and love for these wonderful critters and who
are willing to lend a hand or give a kind word to others.  Ferret owners
are VERY special people!

Take care,
Korri

Shirley (get this brat away from me), Taz (the little brat) & still missing
Laverne