From:
Teri VanDever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 1996 07:09:27 -0500
Hi All,

Anymore ideas about ferret proofing couches?  Right now my husband is ready
to shoot me and them!He's still mad at them for tearing the sheet he put on
the bottom of the couch in order to keep them out.  Needless to say that
didn't work past the second day.  so now they are banished back into the
dining room when we are gone (it has been f-proofed, hopefully) but the next
thing I want him to try on the couch is chicken wire.  He's just aggravated
that by putting that on we won't be able to recline the couch, oh well?  The
kids come first!

Dining Room Chairs.

Now when we put them in the dining room and we aren't home the chairs have
to come out.  Bandit managed to get his head caught between two rails on the
back and almost strangled himself.  I thought at first he was just
scratching trying to climb onto the table.  I sent Beau (my son) in to get
him down and Bandit had managed to wedge his head in tight.  Beau was able
to get him out easily enough by lowering him to the bottom where the gap is
wider, but if we hadn't been home he would have done himself in!  He kept
trying to rear up and pull his head out and was choking!  Beau said he was
drooling when he went in to get him.  It was a very close call.

We gave him water and lots of lovin' and he was fine 20 minutes later.  But
now the chairs are put out of the room.  I've had these chairs in here for 2
years and no problem.  Just goes to show, you never know when the idjits
will find a new way to get into trouble!

So much for believing the room was ferret safe!

My sympathies and prayers for the sick fuzzies and to those who have lost a
special loved one.

Teri and the Aggravating Foursome!
Buddy (Patriarch of the clan)
Crystal (my loving white witch; she puts you under her spell)
Rascal (half-blind albino that doesn't know the meaning of slow down!)
Bandit (I can do anything and climb anywhere! HELP!)