From:
Jeffrey C Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 1994 09:19:29 -0500
In FML Issue 706, Anon writes:
> Is there any special treatment for Ferrets that catch colds?  Our two
> ferrets both caught cold this week.  They sneeze and act on the tired
> side, but still scamper and eat.  Someone told me that antibiotics
> are a good idea.. If so what and what dose?? (I live in a FFZ and
> would prefer not to go to  vet unless it was an emergency..)

If it's not a bad cold, what we do with our furries is give them
a baby-eyedropper full of Children's Rasberry Flavored Sudafed.
It seems to make them feel better, and they don't sneeze as much.
And they love the stuff!  Just don't give them too much.

If it's more severe, they probably do need to go see a vet, who
would prolly prescribe Amoxycillin or some other antibiotic.

Ferrets are susceptable(sp?) to the same cold viruses that we are.
Just handle them a little less when you have a cold.

--
Jeff Jones                      [log in to unmask]             Go Mojos!
eon corporation, formerly TV Answer, Inc.               (703) 715-8958