From:
Mary Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 10:26:32 -0500
Stats on my Rowdy: He's 5 1/2, pretty thin in the hair department, but not
bald (all over).  Our very first ferret.  Now we have 10.

Early neuter: He was probably around 5 wks old the vet said.
Source: Marshall Farms
Breeder: Marshal Farms
Lighting:  Day light, artificial light, darkness at night (except when my
husband is on the computer in the wee hours of the morning on the weekends)
Age: First adrenal surgery was around 2 years(I freaked) second surgery
(the harder one to remove) was around 4 years and was 90-95% removed.  We
did not have it tested.
Gender:  male muchkin
Darkness:  average 5 hours day (not sure about the pitch black)
Food:  Raised on Iams Kitten, now Totally Ferret with little Iams
Exercise:  As much as he wants during hour in the morning and however long
in the evening.  More on weekends.
Cage:  Caged during day in Midwest Cage (2'x3'x48" hi) with 4 other
munchkins.  Two levels with hammock.  Loved and cuddled everyday by mom
and dad, doesn't play as much any more.  Mostly wanders around and finds a
place to go to sleep.
Shows:  Has not been to shows or gatherings - we don't take any of them
even though we want to!  Use to take him to Blockbuster once in a while
when he was just a little munchkin.
Illnesses:  ECE (when we brought Chico home)
Shots:  Has had distemper and rabies, this year we're not sure if we're
gonna do the distemper.  He even had a reaction to the rabies this year.
Location:  Grapevine, Texas (where everything's fine)
Other: He has also had bladder surgery last fall (don't know medical term)
where he has an open incision to the bladder so he can go potty.  Because
of the adrenals the prostate was swelled and he couldn't go.  Now we deal
with dribbling and changing the bedding every day, sometimes twice.  But
we love him anyway!

Mary, Rob and the Menagerie of 15 (10 ferrets, 4 cats and 1 dog)
Rowdy the fury-less wonder
Chico the mean one
Harley the slinky
Sadie the queen
Wheeler the bear
Daisy the sleeper
Emily the princess
Bootsie the prancer dancer playmister
Fruity the sweet old fart
Summer the dog food eater
GG, Lucy, Simon and Chance (the obnoxious cats, who says cats aren't
people friendly???)
Corkey the 3-legged dog ferret want-to-be