From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 12:42:03 -0800
I've had the rice box for about a year now, with great success.  Somebody
was having poop with rice in it, and I just figured that they were
swallowing some as they were playing, and as it has not seemed to cause a
problem, I have not been concerned.  Just to be on the safe side, I began
watching to see who was doing the eating, and I have seen the baby (Maru)
just go into the box and spend time eating the rice by the mouthful.

Aside from the fact that she is getting zero nutrition out of this, does
anyone know if it is a possible hazzard at all?  It comes out in her poop
fine, whole and she is eating her fert food just fine, and I would rather
not have to take the box away-- they all love it.  Does anyone else have
rice-eating ferrets, or is Maru my little mutant ferret?

On another note, I was on eBay last night, under ferrets, and came across
two ferret pelts for sale, complete with bead eyes, and little paws--how
REVOLTING is that!