From:
Sandra Zobel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 2005 23:19:29 EST
I have a question for all ferret people out there.

My Albino Shea is having a very heavy shed all of a sudden.  He is less
than a year old, very active and eats like a horse.  But the last week or
so, he has been shedding like crazy.  His fur is not like my other two
ferrets.  His is longer and much much softer and thicker than my other
ferrets.  I have been giving him more Laxatone the last week due to the
shed.  What can be causing this and is it normal.  Do ferrets shed a "kit
coat" as he is approaching a year old within the next 6 weeks or is this
just a late shed?  The weather here has been cold and then warm, cold and
then warm.  I don't remember Lucifer and Kyba ever shedding like this.  I
have an appointment with my vet on the 3rd of Jan for annual shots and
checkup's and I will have Shea get a complete work up just in case.

Anyone out there with some clue that can "shed" (excuse the pun) some
light on this for me???

Sandy and the
Terrible Threesome
Lucifer, Kyba and Shea