From:
Gerald Stewart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Jul 2009 19:39:22 -0700
Today I took my newest little girl into the vet because she has been
losing weight, I expected the vet to tell me she has Adrenal. I was
blown away when he was palpating her belly and found 2 nodules in her
small intestine, and 2 somewhere else in her belly. We are waiting for
the blood work to come back. I know with Lymphoma there isn't much
hope, you can do chemo, or treat with high doses of pred. I am just
scared to death knowing that she could be gone in a few weeks, we
have only had her for a few months as a foster from a local shelter.
Today after the vet I went straight to the shelter and completed the
adoption, just so she could have an actual mommy and daddy. We have had
Betty Boop for about 3 months now. She was abused and very screwed up
before she came to the shelter. Since we have had her, she has showed
very good progress with rehabilitation. She is anywhere from 3 to 5
maybe 6 years old, and even though she may have a very severe biting
problem as well as severe anger issues, I can still see the sweet
heart that is behind her bully mask. I hope the blood work comes back
negative. But I have a gut feeling that the doc is right, it would
explain the sudden weight loss. At least she has 5 buddies in her
business, and 2 loving parents. One thing that I have learned since I
have owned ferrets is that "It does not matter how long they may live,
Its how much fun and joy you can pack into their lives." I just needed
some where to vent.

Gerald
Macy, Rambo, Diesel, Pepsi, Bitsy, and Betty Boop