From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 11:32:45 -0500
I got an xmas tree - a 4 ft tall Frasier fir - for the ferrets.  No
ornaments, etc, just a bunch of aromatic, wet ferrets (due to snorkeling or
just plain falling in the tree water!).  I'll let anyone know if we have
problems, but I don't expect any.  Nobody seems to be interested in the
blinking lights I put in the window.

Anyway, when out buying the tree, I happened to mention to the tree guy that
I had ferrets and was getting a smaller tree so they didn't have quite so
far to fall when they climbed to the top.  He mentioned that his co worker
had had a ferret many years ago (when ferrets were illegal in MI).  This co
worker had decided one day when he got his paycheck that he wanted a ferret,
so he drove down to Ohio and got one from a pet store there.  When he
brought it back, the tree guy asked what he was going to name it.  "Payday,"
said the co worker.  Hee.

I got some Cheweasels for the ferts and all seem to be pretty happy with
'em.  Nobody went crazy at first, but I'm thrilled if only because it
finally gives Potpie something 'legal' to chew on.  And, oddly, they all
chew on 'em for about 10-15 minutes when they get out of the cage and then
leave them alone until the next time they're let out.

For anyone who really cares, since July, Potpie has put on 5 oz, Friday has
put on 6 oz, Noodle 9 oz, and Easel has packed on a whole 14 oz.  Nearly a
pound!

Melissa

 __ Melissa Litwicki ____ [log in to unmask] __
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters