From:
Jelli46858 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 09:02:44 EDT
I tried Cheweasels with my ferrets.  Most appeared to love it.  They had
some diahrea from them, but not enough to panic over.  The reason I do not
give my ferrets the toy any more is that I have no idea what is in it.  The
label says food grade products.  What food grade products?  There is a
letter of reference from a vet some where in another state.  There are good
and bad vets everywhere.  Is this a good or a bad vet that is giving the
recommendation?  Was this vet paid?  Is this vet a relatifve of the
manufacturers?

I asked my vet if he could evaluate them for me.  He said shy of going to a
lab and doing chemical analysis, there was nothing he could do.  He said
chemical analysis of anything intended to be eaten is a given in most stuff.
He also recommended not giving them to my ferrets until I could determine if
the ingredients were safe.  I checked with the store I was getting them for
for more information.  They put me in touch with the distributor.  I found
out the distributor will no longer carry the toy because the manufacturer
won't even tell them what is in it and THEY didn't feel comfortable
distributing something that truthfully they knew nothing about.  The
distributor gave me the telephone number to call to try to get information,
but I didn't see the point.  What good is a consumer question compared to a
distributor?

Does anyone know why the manufacturer of Cheweasel refuses to tell us
exactly what it is they want us to feed our ferrets?

Jennifer and the mustelids of mayhem