From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2012 12:09:30 -0500
Larry did the necropsy Monday morning and found 3 cysts on the prostate
and a grossly enlarged right adrenal. One of the prostate cysts was
large and laying on top of the bladder. Everything else looked good,
the bladder was a little thickened. Fluid could pass into the bladder
but not out because of large debri blocking when trying to flow out,
though the bladder wasn't overly full. Simba hung on for 2 weeks while
we tried to get this figured out and help him. We tried but hindsight
and after the necropsy we know that adrenal surgery may have been a
saving option. Simba passed on his own at the same time I decided it
was time to let him go. If he hadn't and I had our vet help him to
leave, I'd blame myself for euthanizing him, either way it is a very
sad ending that may not have been had I made other choices in his
treatment.... hindsight...

There are unanswered questions that will remain... Why did Simba die?
Was his body tired of fighting? Did the prostate infection enter his
bloodstream? Why didn't the medications work for Simba??? sigh.

Simba was a rescue that shared his life with me. I thought I was going
to lose him to fibrosarcoma but that was not to be. Even though that
tumor had started to regrow it was not doing so at an alarming rate.
That surgery was a last ditch effort at the time and it gave him
several good weeks before this prostate issue.

In his memory, please give your little ones an extra cuddle and if you
can, give a little extra to a ferret shelter, maybe spend a few hours
as a volunteer, adopt a ferret, donate items or money, something
please.

Thank you to those that kept Simba in their thoughts, sent healing
energies, thoughts and prayers, messages.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org