From:
"Patricia L. Hansen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 00:20:43 EST
My three year old, neutered, male, silver mitt, Sparky is losing his hair.
Now it is not in the tail area -- though moving that direction.  It started
about one year ago at the back of his neck.  Looked like maybe one of my
other 3 had been chewing on him a little.  Even the vet thought maybe the
new baby girls were getting him.  This winter it has seemed to be
spreading.  The last few weeks I have noticed he is looking bald.  It is
down into his back area.  It seems all his dark guard hairs are gone and
you can really start seeing his skin.  He is healthy in all other respects.
Feisty and playful, eats and drinks fine.  No lethargy.

My other three all have nice coats on.  His coat has always been thin and
coarse and not soft like the others.  He gets ferretone, ferret vite, hair
ball med once a week, a tiny bit of nutra cal once in awhile, he eats
mostly friskies kitten (I know eghad) he will eat a little Totally Ferret
(if I crush it and mix it with Ensure & water he will really go for it --
i only do this every few weeks)

Basically, all four eat the same thing.  All are very healthy.  My two one
year old girls have beautiful coats as does my other 3 yr old male albino.
They all play full speed.

Is he just balding--err maturing-- like my hubby--- any suggestions?

Legalpea, Sparky, Scooter, Ginger & Reba