From:
"T. S. Pegues" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:05:15 -0500
Hi!  I too have a ferret that's into ears.... Mine and her sisters.
Bandit is the baby at 1 year old next month.  When I first got her, and
she was an only child, she liked to climb up on my shoulders.  No harm.
Then she took to biting my earrings.  Not so cool.  Now, she's stopped
that, but will lick my ear lobes when she's being a baby.  Weird.  Now she
has two older sisters (but smaller MF girls).  When they get ready for bed
in the big house (another story), I noticed that she's taken to lick Toe's
ears before they cuddle up.  Today, she took it further, and kinda dragged
the other smaller one around by the ear and neck to get her in a sleeping
position that was pleasing to her.  Odd enough, Toe's didn't seem to mind
at all.  I figure it's normal.

Lastly, about toilet habits.  After much advice and human LOGIC (hehe)
about my ferrets that would use the corner next to the one with the box
in it (inside the cage), I simple broke down and bought one of those BIG
corner boxes.  Now the hit rate is 100% after 1 day.  I know as peoples,
we would like a small tidy cutsie lil litter box.  But come on... if they
were in the woods...... get my drift.  I say, get the bigger box and give
up on cute.  It works.

Cheers all!
Scott + Bandit, Toes, and Sox