From:
Laura Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 06:34:36 -0600
Hello all!  Just a few things once again.

Kim asked about ferret's coat's changing color.  Well, here's a little tale
of the rainbow ferrets that rule my world.

Tavi, cute little gal, strange looking to me at first.  White feet brownish
with grey dashed in then she changed.  First new coat-creme undercoat, grey
guard hairs definately a silver mitt.  Next new coat bright white under fur,
grey and black guard hairs.  Thrid new coat still bright white under fur but
now lots o' black and a little bit of brown guard hairs and a white zig-zag
stripe on her head.

Booger, goofiest ferret o' the land.  Regular sable was mainly brown very
dark on the points.  He as been brown GH w/creme UF, black and brown GH
w/white UF and now he has Very black GH and a creme UF.

Halo, well he didn't have any fur xcept a little halo of blonde on his cute
little head...at first.  He is only 5 mo. so he hasn't changed that much
yet.  He is a huge furball now chocolate I guess since he's a deep dark
brown.  But he has red guard hairs mixed in with a creme UF.

Maybe I'm lucky, I get a new color ferret every season!

Humane Society--Did any one see a piece, maybe on CNN, about a former Humane
Society volenteer who is now with the police department,I forget where I
think it started with a M (state) or maybe it was Florida...I really don't
remember.  Anyway, she now kicks some butt!  She got a bunch of laws past
(in her state)that has put many animal abusers in jail, given fines and
doesn't allow them to own a cat or dog for a number of years.  I thought
this was awesome, I wish she could do this for the whole country and not
just for cats and dogs.  Does anyone have a clue as to what I'm talking
about?  Let me know if you do please.

Nail clipping-- I use people nail clippers, it's easier for me.  Two of mine
make noises when I clip their nails unless they have some Ferretone on their
bellies to distract them.  Their nails grow *really* fast, I have to clip
about once a week.  The front ones grow faster than the back ones for some
reason though.  I let Boogers get too long a couple of times now his
cuticles seem to be much longer than the other two ferrets cuticles. I don't
know if that's bad or not but there's not much I can do about it now.  Good
luck!

Dooks to all and to all a good night!
BIG... BE GOOD TO YOURSELF MAN!!!!!!
Laura and The Troublesome Trio