Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:03:14 EDT
>Annoyed with some of the postings on this forum...
>
>To whoever this applies to,
>
>I had a ferret who died and miss him a lot still, so I know how many of
>you feel, but don't you think it's going just a little far to talk about
>the rainbow bridge and talk as if they were your children?  I have a
>child and I have pets that are like a part of the family, but it is still

Dear Annoyed,
I have two children of my own.  Do I love my animals more than I do
my children?  No, but I have a great love for my animals that even my
relatives can't understand.

As for "Rainbow Bridge", I feel this is just another word for "Heaven",
and yes, I believe there is a Heaven!

You care enough about your pets to search for information to help them.
Why not open your heart to the fact that people can grieve "deeply" over
the loss of their furry children?  We are all different, and have
different levels of emotion about how we feel, react, and deal with
situations.  This is what it's all about, reaching out and helping one
another, loving each other, and excepting (and respecting) the uniqueness
of each other.

Personally, I'm glad that this forum provides much more than medical
information.  I grieve right along with those who have lost their
"babies", and look forward to the hilarious stories that each person
shares with us.  Thank you BIG for providing this wonderful forum for us.

Charissa and the gang - Bart, Boomer, Tinker, and Frankie.
{P.S.} Bart's surgery is scheduled for Sept. 16 We have decided to take
him to Dr. Jerry Murray, in Dallas, TX.  Thank you everyone for your
concern.