From:
Ingrid Lower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 11:29:19 -0700
>It's coming from her back toe.  HER CLAW IS MISSING!!!  I'm freaking
>out. I learned that towels or terry cloth material can get caught up.
>I think I had read that their nails could get caught, but just didn't
>think they'd rip it out. Has this happened to any of you?

Yes!  Frightening isn't it?  About a year ago, all the ferts were out and
I forgot about the door to the laundry room!  Duh!  And of course, when I
realized it, all ferts were in there and there were red paw prints all over
the floor.  My heart stopped and I began checking to see who was bleeding.
Turned out it was Gracie but the only way I knew was because one claw was
missing on her front paw.  There was no more bleeding going on.  It had
stopped completely.  I called my vet who said sometimes the claw gets
yanked out and the wound closes itself and its just fine.  Gracie did not
appear to be in pain but just wanted to continue playing.

I found the culprit though.  Behind the washer and dryer is a screen and
the claw was stuck in that.  I can just imagine her yanking her own claw
out since she was stuck.  Can you imagine one of us doing that!  Yeowch!!!
I'd be passed out on the floor.

Ingrid and 5 ferts in Las Vegas