From:
Chris Lloyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 22:36:20 -0800

Hi, Regarding the posts on keeping the ferrets bedroom dark at night, new
ferret keepers in the UK have always been told that ferrets had to have a
light proof nest box to sleep in but no one could tell me why.  They just
used to say if you want to keep them healthy make them sleep in the dark.
I am going back 35 years, maybe the old ferreters had problems in the long
distant past.  Although my ferrets sleep in their sacks during the day I
notice at night they all six of them pile into one nest box, perhaps they
know something we don`t.

Chris.