From:
Pam VanOverloop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 07:44:37 -0400
I wrote to the FML six weeks ago when our Blondie suddenly became ill.  I
recieved encouraging words and advice from many caring ferret lovers - I
thank you all.  However despite the trips to the vet, medications,
injections, Duck Soup, prayers and T.L.C.....Blondies little body gave up
this weekend.  Our little chocolate boy was two weeks away from his first
birthday.

Blondie will be missed by all at this house, especially by his eight year
old "owner".  Matt and Blondie were truly buddies.  We had a family joke
that Blondie would never develop leg muscles because Matt carried him around
so much.  Blondie went to Matts' ball games, visited his classroom and
followed Matt around the house.  Even when he was so weak and ill he would
raise his head whenever he heard Matts' voice.  That would break my heart
and start the tears flowing again.

I like to think that something good can come from bad.  In this case I know
that although it hurt to lose Blondie, I learned so much from his illness.
All the nursing techniques I learned this month will help me be a better
ferret-mom.  I also learned that there are very caring people who read the
FML......once again I thank all of you who took the time to write.

PamV