From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 18:57:27 +0000
Thanks for the info, Melanee!  We actually have been told two names already
as the one to make the choice in Alaska and Dr. Ritter makes a THIRD!!!!!
(In fact, Funk told us that her boss is the actual one but that this is
going through her and then getting his okay, but then later she behaved as
if it were her "baby".) PLEASE, SEND DR.  RITTER'S ADDRESS, PHONE AND SUCH
SO THAT HE CAN BE CONTACTED AND CAN BE ADDED TO THE INFO SHEETS AT THEIR
VARIOUS LOCATIONS!

Glad to hear that education looks like it will be an easy process in your
state.  In some with very autonomous departments folks are finding that some
counties are extremely open to new information and friendly to ferrets, but
others are anything except that.  One gent told me of running into a series
of kind departments and then hitting one where the people were so
anti-ferret that they hung up on him after refusing information (even the
Compendium).  Hope that you continue to find each of the municipal agencies
you contact to be completely helpful.  It would be wonderful to hear that --
a real ray of sunshine for all.  Please, keep everyone updated, okay?

Sukie