From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 2003 12:14:35 -0400
I think "some people" are taking the post incorrectly.  The post is only
intended to help keep "people's eyes open" on ferret situations before
they become overwhelming such as this MD one.  No one was pointing
fingers at anyone nor sticking up for anyone.  We do know that there are
some people in the ferret community who are in it for personal gain just
as D Backman was.  This has to be stopped before it gets out of control
as it did with this woman.  Is she hiding other ferrets?  Is there a
way to check into it and find them before this happens all over again,
a couple years from now as it did before?  All that was being said was
to please check out situations and/or any type of rumors of abuse
thoroughly.  If this person was banned from shows, it had to be for a
good reason, correct?

I do not know where some people felt the MD rescuers were being flamed.
Please, No one would flame anyone for rescuing ferrets.  Please read the
post without reading into it.  It just asked questions because of concern
of the ferrets well being.  Shelters, sancuaries and those caring for
rescued ferrets deserve to be put on a pedestal as long as they are truly
out to help and care for the ferrets.  The ferrets health and well being
should be their main concern.  ( I do worry about hobs and jills rescued,
do theyall get fixed or are a certain few kept for breeding purposes once
again?)

I do agree that if anyone has a problem worrying about donating money to
a shelter because it might be used the wrong way, to please contact
S.O.S. (support our shelters) www.supportourshelters.org and let them
know where you want your money sent.

[The "very concerned" poster]