From:
Julie Pressey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 11:49:57 EST
My ferret Spaz was diagnosed with insulinoma this morning and was put on
prednisone.  I would appreciate any personal input on this from other
ferret owners that has ferrets with this condition.  My questions are:

- What type of treats do you give?
- What do you mix the medicine with?
- How much do you pay for the prednisone?
- Are their any pharmacys that can make a liquid form?
- Can I mix his prednisone with nutri-cal?
- What is the life span of a ferret that has insulinoma?
- Will he suffer as he gets older?
- What are some early signs of insulinoma?
- Are their any other types of meds he can be put on?
- The vet gave me 5 mg tables to split into quarters but its to hard so I
  got the liquid pred.  Is 1 ml (liquid prednisolone 6.75 mg) to much to
  for a ferret that weighs around 2 1/2-3 pounds?

You can email me directly at: [log in to unmask]

Thanks in advance
Julie