From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:03:49 -0400
Here are the answers to several common questions I get about the 2003
International Ferret Symposium to be held in at the Holiday Inn Atlanta
Airport North, Atlanta GA, October 3-5, 2003.

Q. How do I get from the airport to the hotel?
A. There is a free shuttle. It is a very short drive.

Q. What is the Symposium schedule?
A. Breakfast starts at 8 am and sessions at 9 am Friday through Sunday.
Lunch is included Friday and Saturday, and sessions will end around 5pm.
The reception Saturday will start at 8 pm, giving people a chance to go
out for dinner first.  Sessions end Sunday about noonish.  No lunch that
day.

Q. What kind of food is served?
A. Breakfasts will be buffets with breads, bagels, pastries, fresh fruit,
juice, coffee, etc. Lunches will be hot buffets. The reception will have
snackies with a cash bar. There will be vegetarian options.

Q. What is the dress?
A. "Ferret-casual". Many people will wear jeans and ferret-themed shirts,
some with ferret stains.  If you see someone dressed up, s/he is probably
a speaker!  Some people will dress up a bit for the reception, but don't
feel you have to.  The point is to feel comfortable and have a good time!

Q. What informal activities are going on before/after sessions?
A. There will be a wonderful southern home cooked dinner Thursday evening
at the nearby shelter.  We are trying to arrange transportation.  After
Sunday's sessions, several people are planning an afternoon trip to the
Atlanta Zoo.  (Win free tickets from the raffle!  See our web page for
details!) More information on these events will be posted on the FML and
available at the Symposium.

Q. I don't know anyone. How will I find other ferret people when I get
   there?
A. Just wear a ferret shirt and hang out in the lobby. You will find
other ferret people quickly!

Remember, you have only 2 weeks left to take advantage of lower
early-bird registration fees!  For more info, go to
http://www.ferretcongress.org/

Linda Iroff
Co Director
International Ferret Congress