From:
Brett & Melissa Lapham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:56:14 -0700
Hello all, we need some advice regarding our little boy.  Jasper is a 6 yr
old neutered male that is 8 months post adrenal surgery.... Today he got
up to eat and when he came down from his cage, he was stumbling around
like a drunk sailor.  I picked him up to check for injury and I thought he
seemed a little spacey.... He had just woken up, so it was a little hard
to tell if he was just still rather sleepy or if he was "out of it." After
approximately five minutes, he was dooking around as if nothing had
happened....

This is the first time Jasper has ever had an episode like this this....
I read through the Insulinoma FAQ and his behavior seemed pretty close to
what was talked about.... One other noteworthy behavior we have noticed
is that when we are holding Jasper, especially if he is sleeping, he sure
seems to swallow a lot, kinda like he has a lot of saliva.... Other than
that, he seems to be fine, appetite is great, weight is fine, stools are
normal.  He doesn't play as much as he used to, but he is 6 years old now,
and about 6 months ago his companion died from lymphoma, so he has been
adjusting to being an only child....

Any advice would really be appreciated.  He is scheduled to see a vet on
Monday, so we will be sure to have his blood sugar checked then....

Thanks

Brett & Missy Lapham