From:
Timothea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 16:05:14 -0400
Hi everyone!

I'd just like to again thank everyone for responding to my post on bitter
apple.  I never did this to my fuzzie, just the pet shop lady did, so
hopefully he isn't scared of me.  We have started using training methods
that don't include bitter apple, I think he's had enough to last him
forever!  Someone sent me a great article on nip training but I
accidentally erased it.  Could you send it again?  Sorry I dont remember
who it was, I got so many letters!

We brought the baby to the vet for the first time to get his canine
distemper shot.  We brought him in a travel carrier.  As we were driving
there he did the strangest thing.  He started shaking his head and making
this strange noise I cant really explain.  I noticed he had been crawling
under his flannel blanket so maybe he was coughing.  Do ferrets make a
funny noise when they are coughing or sneezing?  He did it again in the
waiting room of the vet, on the car ride home(he also thew up this time),
and in his cage.  He threw up twice, the first time right after his shot,
so the vet kept him to make sure it wasn't a reaction to the shot.  The
second time was in the car so we are guessing he had motion sickness.  He
was still eating and drinking lots and very playful.  His colouring was
good too.

Otherwise all is good, I probably worry way too much.

Timmie and the fert with no name