Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:46:22 -0400
Hi Steve. Since you and I had such very different experiences when
viewing the movie I'm glad you responded. I didn't misunderstand, you
saw the movie in its entirety, right? I reread your post and it looks
like you were inferring that you did, but I"m not sure. I don't want to
just assume anything. I welcome all input from anyone who has actually
seen the first movie and has information on the seconds. Have at it.
There are two sides to this and both points are valid. I'm not arguing
that and I was very clear about that in my post.

I don't know where to begin in responding to you. First, I OWN the
movie. I'm stunned to hear you say you remember nothing about a
shelter, etc? I am trying to figure this out and there is no way for
me to. It was an integral part of the movie and it's general knowledge
that it was. That's why I'm left scratching my head.

Maybe I misunderstood you and you did a lot of research on the first
movie and didnt' see it. If that's the case, then that would explain
everything. And in that defense, the promo's for the movie, web site,
etc, mentions nothing about a shelter and BIZARRELY leaves the old lady
out of the cast listings online. I don't get that at all because they
list school kids that had a five minute appearance, but not the shelter
operator friend? I hate criticizing artists and creators, but .... this
should be rectified!!!!

In the movie, the boy is quickly paired up with an eccentric and well,
typical shelter operator. She took the ferret away from the boy in the
beginning and wouldn't even give him back to the boy until she knew the
ferret was okay and until she trusted the boy was educated enough. He
became a regular volunteer in her shelter. And, well, I don't know what
else to say without actually citing the entire movie because as I said,
the older lady that ran the shelter was a key actor. The shelter part
of the story was peripheral however. The short of the story is a
troubled boy finding friendship with a ferret and then the two of them
running into a dire situation (trying not to spoil the movie here) for
a climax. But along side of that main story line, was the shelter, the
boys new found passion of ferrets (not just his relationship with one)
becoming a much needed stability in his life, and the much needed
friendship of the operator which was injected, Im' sure, to educate the
public and to put reality into the "drama" of a film.

I must say, as polite as you post was, I take great offense that you
would question me about whether I saw it or not when the sole purpose
of my post was to request that people actually see the movie and
research the second before publicly and passionately sharing such loud
opinions either way. Because if you are in error, that hurts ferrets in
the long run (in that it would deter or encourage people to see them).
I didn't just mention that I saw the movie, but my entire post was
about the fact that I saw the movie ...why would I post that if it
wasn't true. There is no polite way to accuse someone of lying by the
way.

Wolfy
PS, although I make mistakes and can be wrong, just like any other
person... I think my reputation should speak for itself here. I've
never misconstrued information or skewed it in any way, let alone
purposefully misled anyone on this list in over a decade of frequent
posting. I don't think I'd be trusted as a valued resource in the
ferret community if I wasn't very careful about wording things and
very careful about my facts.