From:
Wes Hurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:24:01 -0500
This is Susie Lee for The Ferret And Dove Sanctuary, Inc with what's
been "doin'" for not just this little shelter, but another, as well.
On Saturday, we adopted out Blaise GreySable to a fine young woman who
was very happy to have been picked out by her new furry companion.

No thanks to the not-quite-a-hurricane Arlene, though, we at The Ferret
And Dove had another influx of turned-in ferrets from not just our local
area, but from Texas, too!  moved To "here", unable to keep pets where
their here is) This influx brought our in-house ferret population to an
unweildy 67 ferrets, and we have a boarding contract that promises
several more to come for a brief stay, so we yowled for help from our
nearest and most trustworthy ferret-rescue neighbor, Sandi of Heaven
Scent Ferret Rescue who came along to Pensacola on Sunday.  Everything
went off in a whirlwind of shelter-efficient busy-ness, and somehow Sandi
let us convince her to take a secondhand old Escort wagon (only slightly
"lemony" with mucho miles and needing CV joint replacement...hey,that
sounds like ME!  ) along with the help of another friend (of hers, smart
lady!) to drive it home for her.  (Sandi got pics, including pics of
Shelly's four boardered kiddo-ferrets .)

So now Sandi is the proud ferret-care-person of Nelson RockeFerret,
Nimble Chocke-Ferret, Cerese Siamese, Chuckie Chocolate, and Gizmo,
Ziggy, SugarFerret, and Mio (as in "O Sole' Mio-o-o!")(( or, more likely,
"Madre Mio!", because the person who originally found her, just two to
three weeks ago, said that this little ferret ran right in front of her
car and was rescued on the spot after the finder stopped traffic both
ways)).

So anyway, Huge Thank You's are in order for Sandi Robinson of Heaven
Scent Ferret Rescue, of Alabama for opening heart and home to these 8
ferrets and allowing us to be pared down to a more manageable mere 59
fuzzies (with room, now, for the incoming boarders)!

See most of our still-here's here...
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html