From:
"Melanie A. Figueredo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 12:46:57 -0500
Thank you all for answering my post.

My third addition to my family has been named Rosco.

It's kind of ironic how I brought him home from the pet store b/c I thought
that he would be better off.  He had been in a small little cage for over a
month.  Now I bring him home and no one likes him.  Poor Rosco.

My big boy Buster gets jealous.  You can see it in his eyes.  He runs over
and tackles Rosco and starts pulling him by the neck.  I scold him and put
him away for a time out.  The whole time he watches Rosco.  When I let him
out, he goes straight for Rosco.

Now, this isn't wrestling.  This is clenched teeth on the neck.  So tight I
have to pry Buster's jaws open to get him off.  Rosco screams the whole
time.  Today I noticed he had a mark on his neck.  I'm not very happy with
Buster right now.  He did the same to Cailey when I first brought him home.
He wasn't as vicious.  He finally stopped (not all together) after 4 months.

I've been making sure I pay attention to both.  Even give them their own
time.  After Rosco is released from Buster's teeth, he's all fired up and he
goes after Cailey (he doesn't dare go after Buster).  They wrestle.  I think
that she would rather be left alone but she doesn't mind it too much.

Bitter apple on the neck doesn't work.  Anyone have any suggestions, ideas,
I would really appreciated.

Thanks
Melanie & and the Fighting Fuzzies