From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2012 07:54:42 -0500
Quite a few ask me about getting a ferret and the first thing I tell
them is "They are high maintenance and require special food that is
expensive. They do not live that long and HAVE to be out of the cage
at least 4 hours every day and while out they get into everything.
The house has to be 'ferret proofed' to keep them from getting under
kitchen and bath room cabinets, behind furniture and they will burrow
into furniture. They need to have their cage and area cleaned every
day and being litter box trained is not always an option."  Usually
that stops them in their tracks.

Many see a ferret and instantly say 'So cute! I want one !!!' but they
do not have a clue of what the animal needs or even what they eat. The
animal suffers terribly. Hopefully I have prevented a number of animals
from that horrid fate. Certainly I have saved a good number from being
in that horrid situation giving them a loving forever home with good
food and a clean cage with plenty of 'out' time.

Just like people every ferret is different. Those of you who read my
posts hear of the differences between those I have had over the years
both rescues and store bought. Where they come from sometimes has a
good bearing on how they behave but after they settle in they each
revert to the same basic behavior but with their own personality
abundantly demonstrated. I tell people "you get what you got and you
will not be able to change it. "

How true that is ! What you get is what you got. And that is it. Fabba
dabba zap !

_12-2Addy CEO