From:
Sue Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 08:16:51 EST
Hooper did the FUNNIEST thing yesterday when I came back to my apartment
Christmas Night.

Hooper is my new baby, a fat black sable.  He's not an "unhealthy" fat...
he's big-boned.  Honest.  He's easily the most active of my five.  Solid
muscle.  He's just massive.  I've had him about six months.

If I'm going to be away for a night, I leave my critters out.  My house
is ferret proofed, I feel bad leaving them in the cage for more than 8
hours, so we all feel better about it.

I set up my Christmas tree about a month ago, right after Thanksgiving.
They showed interest in the red ball ornaments, but Mom (she thought)
outferreted them and put them up out of reach.  She thought.

Since they hadn't shown interest in the tree in a good solid month, I
thought that the tree would be well, safe from ferrety attacks.

I came home to a good fifteen of my red ornament balls on the floor all
over my apartment.  I followed the trail of them, picking them up as I
went.  I was puzzled as to how they got them.

Hehehe.  It would be a couple of hours after I got home before I learned
how that happened.

Noone bothered to climb the tree.  Hooper would stand up on his hind
legs, and shake the bottom branches until an ornament dropped off the
higher ones.  This only worked on the ball ornaments, seeing the way they
were on the tree~they would bounce up and come off the hooks as he shook
the tree.  When I saw him doing that I didn't even have the heart to yell
at him.  I laughed until I had tears streaming down my face and I had to
catch my breath!

So, I guess the moral of the story is:
1) if you think you can outferret a ferret, you're completely wrong.
2) when all else fails, SHAKE IT TILL IT COMES DOWN!

Sue
and the fab five
Dante, Toby, Templeton, Nala and Hooper

p.s.  I saw someone else note that their liscense plate said "FURTZ"....
Mine says FERRETY!