From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:32:39 -0400
We have had a member list each of your addresses as representing an
individual interested in joining the Ferret Health List at

Because some of your addresses appear to instead be business addresses I
am writing to each of you to find out whose address I can remove from the
pending list.  Certainly, I will remove to address of any of you who ask
to be removed.  I also will remove anyone who does NOT ask to not be
removed, or any address which bounces.

Jack: does he have adrenal neoplasia?  This can be a cause of life
threatening anemia.  I suggest that you also look in the sites above
but first http://fhl.sonic-weasel for transfusion info and info on
Epogen and alternative meds.

We had a long haired ferret at one point who had achrondoplastic
dwarfism (which is why her coat was so superb) that caused a slew of
medical problems for her in terms of her cartilage and arthritis.

Short tails for genetic reasons (rather than surgery or uterine crowding)
in a range of mammals are associated with an increased incidence of spina
bifida.  I can't recall off hand if it is is so in ferrets but you may
want to search on that.