From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2000 09:33:18 EDT
>We all know how often potential adopters want the young healthy ferrets
>and I know each and every once of us that work rescue has plenty of sad
>stories.  I'd like to take a minute to recognize a heart of gold.  Sadly
>she is not online, but I want everyone to know about her anyways.

thank you so so much for writting this on the fml.  that was wonderful
to hear.  and it is so encouraging.  my neighbor took in an older abused
ferret from a shelter for her first ferret.  I was shocked she did so as I
thought she would be the type to only want a "baby".  Wow what an exerience
that special ferret has been to us all.  My older son is haunted by the
fact he fell in love with a 5 year old bald adrenal girl with leg problems.
He wanted her so bad.  but she needs special attention, medical attention,
and has been through so much that the shelter said she is happy with them
(she is kinda their girl/pet now) and will spend her last days with them.
If I had room in this apt, I'd go back and beg the shelter for her for him.
lol.

Wolfy
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/