From:
Elaine Chandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:36:22 -0600
I believe that Pam Troutman has truly addressed this appropriately.  I
mean, come on...how many of you truly tell how much money you make, have,
spend, or earn.  Most people lie on their income taxes, lie about their
income when it comes to paying child (HUMAN CHILD) support, lie when they
fill out their tithe card at church, lie on their resume about how much
they were making at their last job!  And the list goes on and on!  Does
anyway really say that their parents gave them the downpayment to their
house?  No, because they won't get the loan.

It's NOT the money, it's what you are willing to use it for.  What are your
values?  If people walk away from their own kids, abuse them, beat them,
feed them junk food from McDonalds because they can afford it on their way
to dance lessons, private baseball lessons, etc.  why do we think that they
won't do the same thing with their pets?  Does it break our hearts?  It
should.  But how do you know?  YOU DON'T!  And insulting people and forcing
them to a pet shop, which is what I believe people will do if asked some of
the private questions mentioned before, let alone a house inspection, is
not what is best for our dear, dear, ferrets.

Pam offered, a proactive approach to finding out information without
shutting the door on potential care givers; a way of using a little "couth"
to deal with all people, not just the difficult ones.  I hope that it helps
the shelters, and the fuzzies.

Elaine (Snowy's Mom)