From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 10:09:55 -0400
Anne wrote:
>...adjusting to being moved.  In my experience, the older the ferret, the
>more it suffers with the move generally.  We try to keep the bedding in
>the cage the ferret came in with the ferret at least for the first few
>days if at all posible.

We agree wholeheartedly with this portion of the post.  Many older ferrets
who arrive at the shelter are in compromised health-- it is far too
devastating for the to be left in a strange place- This complicates the
health condition and on several occasions we have had to put them on life
support with forced feedings, sub-q fluids etc.  Though they survive (unless
their health is in deplorable condition) the spirit of the older animal
seems to be somewhat deprived of joy-- these are just my observations, BUT
we have seen the scenario over and over--

something we should think about when choosing to alter our lifestyles!

As far as English Ferrets-- in England the ferrets are not actually kept the
same as indoor pets--most often they are outside animals who on occasion
share the humans abode-- this might make a difference with going to "a
different" location-- all conjecture-- or supposition I admit-- Sheila any
comments??

fondly in ferrets-
alicia
at ferret wise