From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:56:22 -0500
<http://ferretfunhouse.blogspot.com/2008/12/ho-ho-ho.html> Ho Ho Ho!

Last Saturday, Dec 13th, I trucked myself, ( literally, I drove my 2002
Ford Ranger), out to the Keene, NH Petco so that I could put on the
Santa suit and pose for pictures with peoples pets. All in the spirit
of Christmas and raising money for the Ferretwise shelter. There was
supposed to be several of us there, I volunteered to be Santa, and I
was supposed to have 2 or 3 elves, but due to the nasty ice storm the
previous day, some helpers had to stay home. It ended up being, Dino,
Alicia, and I and a petco employee to man the printer.

There were actually people lined up and waiting with their pets when I
came out of the changing room so we got right to business. I haven't
got a final count from Alicia, but we must have taken at least 30
photo's. There were a whole bunch of dogs of various breeds, 3 cats,
and a bunny. There were also a couple of children thrown in for good
measure. A couple of families did family photo's with their pet and
Santa. Alicia got to be a better photographer as the day went on. We
were there from 11 am until 5 pm. I took the beard off in between, with
Alicia keeping a watch out for children going by. I wasn't going to be
the one to dash beliefs about Santa.

I really enjoyed the day being the big man. I know it was to take pet
pictures, but the smiles I got from little children when they walked
by made me feel really good. One little guy kept steering his father
around the store to come by me again, and he had a big smile on his
face. I really liked that. One nice lady told me I was too young and
too skinny to be Santa, I thanked her. I am happy I was able to make
a few peoples day and maybe Christmas a little brighter.

Posted by Greg at
<http://ferretfunhouse.blogspot.com/2008/12/ho-ho-ho.html>
 4:08 PM 0  comments
<http://www.blogger.com/email-post.g?blogID=34281556&postID=7389711092741604650>

more of Greg's Blogs on his life as a hospice Dad can be read at:
http://ferretfunhouse.blogspot.com/