From:
"Kristina F. Pattison" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:15:50 -0500
The TRUTH about Febreze.
This false rumor has been spread all over the net...PLEASE check your
sources before you spread gossip...it's just not true.  We'd certainly all
be up in arms if it was going around the net that Ferrets carried a virus
that caused your hard drive to crash....:-)

To copy a post that a friend of mine posted to one of the dog lists (Just
insert ferret where you see dog...:

Febreze
They are having big time problems with slammers via the net.  It is all
LIES.  The Mass Emergency Vet Center DID NOT ever give a warning out about
this product.  It has NEVER killed any animal.  (Yes, she asked about ALL
species) Your dog is in no more danger then you are while you are spraying
it, which means NO danger.  Its smartest to remove animals and children
from room while spraying.  Fish and birds have special sensitivities so the
wise thing is to remove them from the room until room is aired and dont
spray them.  Do not spray this product on the dog.  Spray it on fabric.  As
to the danger of Zinc Chloride.  It is in mouthwash, it is in some cough
pills and in fact in the ones I use and the warning on that label says to
not take for more then a week due to high dose of zinc.  Zinc chloride is
added to many many food products and is required in your body.  Too much
has side affects just as too much vit A has side affects.

The amount of zinc chloride in Febreze is less then l%.  If you see any
notes making false claims about Febreze (calling it dangerous) please
report these to [log in to unmask] refer to inq # l0030699 (Mary Lee).  They
have an ongoing investigation to catch whomever is starting this false
story.  Their web page is http://www.febreze.com/pet.html

If you leave "pet" out you can get the entire safety report.
(End of her post)

A good friend of mine *is* one of the vets at the ASPCA'a animal poison
control center.  She reports they have not had any phone calls from anyone
about Febreeze killing ferts.  And let me tell ya, she gets some pretty
weird phone calls.  :-)

So, we now return you to your regularly scheduled Fert List.....

Sincerely,

Kristina
And Buttercup (But WHY do I have to take a bath to go to the Ferret Fun
    Day??)
and Wesley (I'll kiss it and make it all better!)
the two wonder weasles from F.U.R.R.Y.