From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 17:52:02 EDT
Donna wrote:
>I have a girlfriend who has german shepherds, and a LOT of CATS!!  ...
>She has some assets that could be channeled into a trust for them,
>resulting in an unexpected "death", of she the caretaker, and she wants
>to know how to go about setting this (trust?) up for them, the legalities,
>etc, selecting someone to oversee the trust/?  for the animals, etc.
>Anyone have any suggestions?>>

This is such an important thing to do! Here is some very good info to get
your friend started:
Go to the Yankee Golden Retriever Rescue site:
http://ygrr.org/
Click on:
Helpful Dog Info
then:
Dog Care and Welfare
then:
Planning for your dog

There are some very good suggestions on this site.  I personally have given
a couple of friends a very long letter detailing what should happen to each
of my animals, along with a key to my house.  It's important to have a plan
that can be acted on immediately, as legal proceedings (reading a will
etc.) will take time.

Best wishes!
Ronnie