From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 19:43:37 -0500
My Dearest Ferret Friends, Watchers and Supporters

First I would like to thank you all for your TOTAL SUPPORT over the last
four years.  Whenever and Wherever Disaster Struck and we ask for your help
you were ALWAYS there.  You WERE, ARE and ALWAYS WILL BE - FERRET FRIENDS.
During this last disaster in California you were superb!!!  Especially our
CA people who went to help after the disaster knowing that they (you) could
be identified by the Fish and Game People - that took real LOVE and
DEDICATION - we all owe you.  You CA people never forgot that we're not just
ferret people: that we are people who recognize when disaster strikes all
the animals need us - and we respond.

Second, to the people who have taken care of our AOL account for the last
two years - there is no way I can thank you - you kept us up and running
without you - we would have folded.

Finally, For the past two years anomoyous donors have kept Ferret Friends
Disaster Response International on the AOL.  Unfortunately in January (due
to the heavy traffic during the CA Floods) and In Feb (same thing floods),
the bills were just to high (Jan, over $50.00, and Feb over $39.00) .  Our
donors have had too drop our account due to finances.  Before everyone goes
off half cocked and starts critizining - you must realize that over the last
two years - our donors have paid all AOL bills - they even dropped their AOL
account - but kept us on!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, they drop AOL themselves but left
us on as their one and only AOL account!!!!!!

Unfortunately due to monetary concerns we cannot continue on AOL or any
other computer net.  I will continue to monitor the Weather Channel, Weather
Bureau, and News networks for potential Disasters.  It does look like we
will still be on the AOL till Feb 26th or 27th so I would appreciate it if
you could all send me your Shelter Names, or Individual Names, Address, and
Phone #'s so that if we see a disaster in your area we can call people close
to you to check on you, and also call you ourselves.

I apologize for this turn of events - but we must all at sometime in our
lives face economical problems.

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends Disaster Response International

[Moderator's note: Does the new $19.95/month flat rate option change the
picture any?  BIG]