From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Oct 2005 17:03:29 -0700
A little fella with a sweet name, Sebastion, came over the bridge
the other day.  He was looking for something important.  I went up,
introduced myself, and explained where he was.  He already knew, but it
is comforting to hear it for yourself sometimes.  He said he'd love to
chat, but he was on a mission.  This ferret with kind eyes was searching
for something.  The first place he looked was through the heather.  Then
he looked through the rice beds, over the meadow, in the trees, by the
streams, and in the clouds.  When he was looking in the clouds, a little
weangel popped his little head out at him.  It was Nero!

Nero was tackled and licked, and snuggled against like Sebastion had
never touched a ferret before.  You know though, it was like they had
never been apart after that intial frenzy.  I thought then, that
Sebastion could now settle into a hammie, pick up some snacks, and take
some licks out of ferretone fountain.  But he was still looking for
something.  Wasn't Nero that something I asked?  Well, in part it was.
But not all of what he was looking for.  Nero and I followed him through
foamy fry forest where we took some fries down and did some bopping with
them.  Nero gave Sebastion quite a few bops there.  Then we stopped and
harrassed the mink at the brook.  But Sebastion kept looking.  My
goodness he even picked up a minks tail and looked.  Those fiesty mink
chased us all the way to the badgers trees.  And of course Sebastion had
to go nosing into those holes.  Badgers came out stomping in a might
grumpy way and we were off running once again.  Nero and I were getting
pretty beat, so we sat Sebastion down and asked him what he was looking
for once and for all.

That's when he saw the reflecting pond over my shoulder.  And he took off
like a shot towards it.  Bright eyed, he gazed into it with relief as
Nero and I approached his side.  I asked what was there?  Home he said.
Nero and I looked in the pond to see Jonathan.  I said that he was
already at his new home where he can be at peace.  Right here at the
bridge, his forever home.  He said, "yes, but it won't really be a
complete home until Jonathon is here." And with a relieved smile, he
winked, "Now lets see about that snack bar and new hammy while I wait."