From:
Regina Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 1997 13:52:41 -0500
Well, I own one certifiable cuddle-bug, Amelia.  She's two now, but has been
cuddly for at least a year.  And Mr. tough-guy Cully has been showing some
signs of enjoying being held these days.  I second what Judith said
yesterday about spending time on the floor with your ferrets.  There's a
couple of other things that I think helped with mine.  One is walking
outside with a ferret in your jacket, if you have a jacket that fastens
securely at your waist.  My guys learned that I'm a safe place to be, and
also would fall asleep after a busy outing at the park in my jacket as we
walked home.  Another thing was just walking around my home carrying a
ferret-- if you don't stand too still, they don't get bored, and get used to
being held.  Amelia might be an exceptionally cuddly ferret anyway (she
sleeps curled up against my stomach at night), but these things are working
with Cully as well.

Judith's friend's remark kinda threw me though, the remark about getting
more ferrets because you feel like you don't get enough love from one (at
least this is how I understood what was written).  I'm really happy with my
two-- more would be cool, but I think I'd be getting them because I want to
love more ferrets, not because I don't feel satisfied by the love my current
two give me.  Although I must admit, I'm kinda thinking about adopting a
third after I move to Massachusetts this spring... I think a big, mellow boy
who Cully couldn't beat up and Amelia wouldn't be afraid of would be about
right... ANyway no flame intended at all, I'm just sharing a different
perspective.

Regina and the cuddlers

Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
"If that's all there is, my friends, then let's keep dancing..."   Peggie Lee