From:
Judy Gronwold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:58:10 EDT
>Please, email me since I only post here and not get the FML, thanks all.
>Do appreciate any support.  If shelters are going to be this strict, fine,
>pet store here we come, even tho my heart would prefer to adopt one from
>a shelter.

I'm not sure who originally posted this, but I'd like to say that an ADV
positive shelter recently took in 2 ferrets that are only about a year
old that came from a NJ pet store.  These ferrets do not have tattoos, but
are ADV positive.

One last thing.  I read so very many posts about ferrets needing homes.
PLEASE test the ferrets for ADV before asking someone else to take them.
And if you are thinking of adopting a ferret (or more), even from a private
individual, PLEASE require an ADV test first...even if you have to pay for
it yourself.

Judy
Please give to Aleutian Disease research...the ferret you save may be your
own!  http://www.geocities.com/russiansmom/index.html